Friday, December 11, 2015

Well, That Didn't Take Long

Today is December 11. I moved my horse and began our new adventures together on August 11. Exactly four months ago. I have loved the new barn. And so has Razz.

Today I wake up at 6 a.m. Typical morning. It's Friday so that's cool. My husband is already up by the time my alarm goes off. He promptly brings in my cup of coffee as soon as he hears me stirring. Thank you husband :) It's now 6:08 and I have the local news on TV and a couple sips of joe in me. What flashes before my eyes on screen? That looked just like the entrance to the sand pits. We have a dvr. I rewind and catch the story from the beginning.


Son of a bitch. That didn't take long at all.

I've seen others in the trail community talk about their frustrations with losing trails. Now its my turn to get first hand experience.

I'm sure there's not a lot I can do. I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own the land, I don't live in Newport. Nothing is set in stone yet. The issue is who will pay for the infrastructure, contractor or town. Citizens don't wanna pay and they are fighting it. I hope this falls through. Sorry not sorry. 

I will be emailing a few people today. And keeping updates on this blog. For now best thing to do is get in there and enjoy the sand pits while I can. 

Photo and story courtesy of wcti12.com
you can see the full story here 

No comments:

Post a Comment